Get To Know The Restoration Process
May 8th, 2020
Unless you’ve experienced some type of disaster before, you likely don’t know too much about the emergency restoration process. After disaster strikes your home, your mind is going a million miles a minute, and you’ll have questions on top of questions regarding the process of restoration overall. Getting to know the restoration process before you need it is your key to a smoother and more stress-free experience. You’ll know what to expect, you’ll have an idea of a timeline, and you can rest assured that your property is being left in the best hands.
The restoration process begins with that initial phone call, which should be made as quickly as possible after a disaster occurs. Waiting to call your trusted restoration provider can lead to further property damage, higher costs, and potentially greater risks for your health and safety.
The Restoration Process
While there may be some differences in the process depending on the type of emergency that has occurred, there is a standard process that one can typically expect when contacting an emergency restoration provider. This process is:
- The initial call – Your process begins with an initial call, which should be made as soon as possible after a disaster. During this call, you’ll explain to professionals what has occurred at your home, the damages you’re facing, the property that has been damaged or ruined, and where your location is.
- Professionals arrive – As soon as possible, emergency restoration professionals will arrive at your home to complete a full inspection of the damage. Examinations will take place both inside and outside of your property, as they note exactly what damages are present, property that has been damaged, and how the restoration process should then proceed.
- Documentation – During the inspection, documentation will also be drawn up to provide to your homeowners' insurance provider. This will let your homeowners' insurance company know the type of claim you’ll need, and it’ll serve as your proof of damage to your home and belongings.
- Restoration plan – Your emergency restoration professionals will craft a restoration plan that they’ll communicate to you. This will allow you to learn exactly what will be happening with your home, where the restoration will start, and how the team expects the restoration to be successful. This plan will also let you know just how long your restoration is expected to take.
- Restoration – Once restoration begins, the professional team will work hard to make sure that it is completed in a timely manner while still being completely thorough. During the restoration, they’ll also work to simplify the claims process with your homeowners insurance provider.
Professionals You Can Trust
When you find restoration professionals you can trust, the effects that occur after a disaster are made far less damaging and stressful. If your home has suffered a disaster of any kind, getting it back up and running again is of the utmost importance. Call us at Bio Star Services to see what we can do for your restoration today.